Every now and then I might publish a post about something unrelated to insurance. You can check past posts out in the Categories drop-down list on the right side of this page. I don’t plan on doing this often and I haven’t so far, but if you prefer to not get any of these in your mailbox, please email me or post a Comment below. I don’t want someone to unsubscribe because they feel their email inbox is filling up with stuff they’re not interested in. If enough people tell me to cut it out, I’ll stop. Otherwise, on a rare occasion, I might share something like my fantastic breakfast granola recipe….
Granola Breakfast Cereal
- 4 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 4 oz. chopped walnuts
- 3 oz. slivered almonds
- 3 oz. chopped pecans
- 5 oz. shredded sweet coconut
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar (I use Splenda brown sugar blend)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and spread in 9″ x 13″ pan. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
If desired, add raisins, cranberries, or other dried fruit then let mixture cool before placing in an air-tight canister.
I adapted this recipe over the past few years based on one I got from a friend who got hers originally from Alton Brown. Visitors who stay with us love it. My wife likes to mix it with oatmeal or Fiber One.
Latest posts by Bill Wilson (see all)
- Why Are Direct Sales Carriers (Allegedly) Winning the War of Growth and Profitability? - November 9, 2017
- ISO’s New 2018 Personal Auto Policy - November 8, 2017
- Another of the 7 ‘Insurance’ Words You Should Never Use - October 31, 2017