This morning I had an email from someone who wanted to buy five copies of my ebook “52 of the Greatest Things Anyone Ever Said…and Why” to give as Christmas presents. She wanted to know if the book was available in print so it could be physically gifted. Unfortunately, it’s not available in a print version. The main reasons are:
- The ebook has a number of hyperlinks within the text that refer the reader to similar quotations and/or essays in the book and link to other resources on the internet.
- The ebook was designed to be read from a tablet or phone. The quotations are brief, as are the essays, so the idea was that each week’s quotation/essay could be referenced at any time anywhere without lugging a physical book around.
- The ebook links to a FREE download of another book I published 20 years ago that includes an indexed and cross-referenced compilation of 1,500 of my favorite quotations and how to use them in speaking and writing.
- The cost of an ebook is WAY less than a print version. My ebook currently sells for $6.99 and a print version would sell for at least $10 more.
HOWEVER, you can gift my ebook much easier than you could a print version. In fact, as explained below, there is a way to kind of give it as a physical gift. To send any Kindle book as a gift to someone so that they receive it on a particular date only requires 3 steps:
- Select the book on Amazon. For example:https://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Things-Anyone-Ever-Said-ebook/dp/B075FDDN1C
- On the right side of the product detail page, click the “Give as a Gift” button:
- You will need to log in to Amazon if you haven’t already, then you will get this screen:Enter the email address of your gift recipient, a delivery date, and an optional message. then click the “Place your order” button on the right.Note: You can email the gift to yourself if you prefer. This allows you to personally forward the gift email or print it and personally deliver it to your recipient inside a gift card for example. The gift recipient can enter the Gift Claim Code from the forwarded or printed email after logging in to their Amazon account.
That’s it! Questions? If so, click here:
P.S. If you have the book and enjoy it, please leave a Review on Amazon. If you don’t like it, a review is not necessary. 😉
Latest posts by Bill Wilson (see all)
- FYI… - June 30, 2019
- Just Because It’s Not Covered Doesn’t Mean It’s Not Covered…Revisited Again - June 18, 2019
- Torture Numbers and They’ll Confess to Anything - June 18, 2019